|Goals: To induce/enhance the skill of a person to an extent such that he/she can be responsible for joining various types of metallic frames, structures, jigs, plates, sheets etc using thermal cutting and welding with SMAW, GMAW & GTAW processes, setting-up process parameters, conducting quality checks on output product, rectifying & preventing welding defects and maintaining a safe & healthy working environment on the shop floor.
- Safety in welding & cutting, Oxy-fuel welding & Thermal cutting.
- Brief introduction to arc welding processes (SMAW, GMAW, GTAW).
- Power source, characteristics, welding arc (Initiation & Maintenance).
- Electrode Coatings & AWS designation of Filler metal/Electrodes
- Shielding Gases & their effect on weld bead profile.
- Weldability of Carbon Steel & Stainless Steel.
- Preheat, Interpass & PWHT & their significance. Effect of welding variables on Weld Bead profile
- Weld Joint, Positions, Type of weld, Welding Symbols & their significance. Common weld defects - Cause & Remedies.
- Process and equipment problems, care & use of equipment.
- Introduction to Welding Procedure Specification.
- Hands-on session of SMAW & GMAW on Virtual welding machine to control the arc length, travel speed and torch/electrode angle.
- Hands-on session of Oxy-Fuel cutting, Welding & Brazing.
- Hands-on session of preparing base material & Joint groove for welding.
- Hands-on session of SMAW on Carbon Steel (CS) Plates, in all positions.
- Hands-on session of GMAW on CS & SS Plates, Pipes and plate to pipe in all positions.
- Hands-on session of GTAW on CS, SS Plates, Pipes & Plate to Pipe in all positions.
Understanding of Fitting/Cutting and Basic Welding operations and tools.
Working Professionals: Minimum 1 Year of experience as an Arc Welder
|Training Outcomes -
After completion the course work participants will be able to:
- Set-up SMAW, GMAW & GTAW machines and select consumables & parameters accordingly . Prepare welding samples by gas cutting and beveling. .
- Prepare welding samples by gas cutting and beveling
- Weld Carbon Steel Plates & Pipes and plate to pipe in all position by SMAW, GMAW & GTAW Process.
- Weld Stainless Steel Plates & Pipes and plate to pipe in all position by SMAW, GMAW & GTAW Process.